-
November 4th, 2008, 03:37 PM
#11
Inactive Member
Re: Wise County school consolidation supporters, foes square off
This topic aggravates the hell outta me. I try to keep myself from posting on them but I couldn't help it anymore. I just don't understand what people think is so bad about joining schools together. It will provide a better education with a better faculty and better facilities, thus providing a better more educated population in Wise county. People are so caught up on the high school rivalries and who is going to transfer where because "they hate the dawgs" or something completely ignorant like that. I will be one to testify that the education I received at John I Burton was mediocre at best and once I entered college it became evident. The world is changing and a less effective education is a major handicap right off the bat once one enters college and the professional word (which is basically non-existent in Wise County).
-
November 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
#12
Guest
Re: Wise County school consolidation supporters, foes square off
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All Wise county would be covered. </div></div>
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] No kidding, but you really wouldn't need 8 and a super to run 3 schools , would you?
-
November 4th, 2008, 03:44 PM
#13
Inactive Member
Re: Wise County school consolidation supporters, foes square off
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just think, soon they will be representing BSG also....and I wonder if the school board has thought about which ones will be jobless once we only have the 3 areas that have to be covered? </div></div>
welcome to the real world where competition ends up in a job loss....
-
November 4th, 2008, 03:48 PM
#14
Guest
Re: Wise County school consolidation supporters, foes square off
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
-
November 4th, 2008, 03:55 PM
#15
Inactive Member
Re: Wise County school consolidation supporters, foes square off
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All Wise county would be covered. </div></div>
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] No kidding, but you really wouldn't need 8 and a super to run 3 schools , would you?</div></div>
You said 3 areas needed to be covered. They are covering the whole area of Wise County. Anyways you cant tell how many folks it would take around here. Its probly gonna cost the town of Wise A million bucks just to see if they need one of the circualr intersections or not.
-
November 4th, 2008, 03:59 PM
#16
Guest
Re: Wise County school consolidation supporters, foes square off
No prob, just tie it to the 700 billion bail out for the loan industry and the next "package" , both sides are looking to see whose money to spend on the next. And if you only have 3 school districts, more than 3 members would be a waste. There is some const cash, without raising the first tax cent.
-
November 4th, 2008, 04:04 PM
#17
Inactive Member
Re: Wise County school consolidation supporters, foes square off
A roundabout. Thats the name I was looking for.
-
November 4th, 2008, 04:10 PM
#18
Guest
Re: Wise County school consolidation supporters, foes square off
Like the old traffic circle in Kpt
-
November 4th, 2008, 04:18 PM
#19
Inactive Member
Re: Wise County school consolidation supporters, foes square off
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And if you only have 3 school districts, more than 3 members would be a waste. </div></div>
I think the other districts will still have elementy and/or middle schools
Plus they already have more that 6 on the board so......I propose a study on reduceing the number of board members to 6 before any new votes on anything is allowed [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
-
November 4th, 2008, 04:23 PM
#20
Guest
Re: Wise County school consolidation supporters, foes square off
Bingo! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks